Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 917

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/hooleish/salroth/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Deathlands With Mutant Epoch Rules - Salroth: PBP Role Playing and Resources

Welcome to Salroth: PBP Role Playing and Resources

Welcome to Salroth: PBP Role Playing and Resources, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Deathlands With Mutant Epoch Rules

82 replies to this topic

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • Others: Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
A few people have asked to re-kindle / phoenix the Deathlands game that used to run on this site. I've continued running it via email with a few people but am considering bringing it back.

I'm going to combine this though with the Mutant Epoch RPG setting rules. HANG ON! Before all you ruleaphobe types close this page down, I will be controlling the rules and you won't need to do much at all other than make a few choices and that will only be during character creation.

A few things to note:

Character set up does have some random elements to it - but if you end up with something that you really don't like we can sort it out.

You do NOT need a copy of the rules to be able to play or to be able to understand the environment of the game setting.

There'll be no dice roll engines etc within the game.

The game will be in the Deathland book setting and will have cross overs into other genres as well - Zombies can crop up, mutated animal combinations, terminator like androids/robots, aliens etc. That's the beauty (for me) of the Mutant Epoch setting, it is all post-apocalypse but enables almost anything to happen through using pretty simple rules and putting the bias on roleplaying and storytelling.

The game will run differently to the intial Deathlands one by way of there being no single storyline that everyone eventuates into. This time around, I'm happy for people to be solo, a duo, a trio etc. The reason the first game failed was because I scripted the game notes in line with a certain minimum player count.

Anyway, before I really start to wax lyrical about stuff and things, I'm just looking to gauge interest. So tell me if you're interested.

Edited by Puddlejumper, 01 December 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Users Awards

fury

Pack Mother

• Senior Staff
  • Others: Games Master, Premium, VIP
  • 12,360 posts
Might be interested

Users Awards

Dehoffren

Creature of the night, just not too late at night

• Premium
  • Others: VIP
  • 7,297 posts
ok ...so are you saying that someone (like me) who's a complete rules numpty could understand this???

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
There's nothing to understand rule wise for you.

Users Awards

Early Bird

The Haunter of the Dark

• Premium
  • Others: VIP
  • 8,466 posts
I am interested, but can I play the same character I had for the initial game? I liked her and she never really got a chance to develop let alone actually heal anyone.

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
Still have a copy? The old forum is shut and gone. There's a load of old forums I'd like access to be honest... Alas

Users Awards

fury

Pack Mother

• Senior Staff
  • 12,360 posts
I'll have a word with KKM see where the forums are, especially as I would like to continue with my character too

Users Awards

Synik

Cake or death!

• Staff
  • Others: Premium, VIP
  • 9,244 posts
I might be interested too. If you'll have me. So to speak ;-)

I've still got the character background for Redd. I quite liked him as a character.

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
Would like to get access to the forums to c&p the stories that we created - as far as it went. Plus there are other forums too, can't remember the name now, one of them was a CthulhuTech game and a shadowrun one, both run by the same guy - haven't seen him online for a very long time now though.

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
OK, well if you're set on keeping those characters in their 'current state' that's ok, but I need you to explaining why/how they are 'pure-bred' and not mutated in some way (approx 60% are mutated, 15% robot/android, 10% full mutant, 14% 'Other', 1% pure-bred).

Alternatively, they can have some kind of mutation - I can help with that as the rules for Mutant Epoch have fabulous charts and ideas in that regard.

Users Awards

fury

Pack Mother

• Senior Staff
  • 12,360 posts
I am quite happy having a mutated character, would prefer not to be cyborg as it doesn't really fit with willows background. But would work with it if it happens

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
Nah, an all out change like that would need the player's ok. I'll give you a couple of options on mutations and you can choose once we get the base characters back from the Deathlands dead forum

Edited by Puddlejumper, 03 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Users Awards

Synik

Cake or death!

• Staff
  • 9,244 posts
Hmmm. When you say android, what type of tech level are you talking about? Bishop, ED209 or T800? If you're looking at *ahem* synthetic person, I've got a character from another game that might fit in.

Users Awards

Puddlejumper

Inquisitor

• Validating
  • 4,176 posts
There are actually various types and degrees of tech within those types. All the ones you listed above are possible and a great many other types inbetween. Everything from "pleasure dolls" to construction droids.

Users Awards

Synik

Cake or death!

• Staff
  • 9,244 posts
Not sure Cherry 2000 is my bag... baby ;-) One wouldn't want to get a reputation. :-D

Would you like suggested characters via PM?

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users