Welcome to Salroth

:welcome_salroth:
Salroth is an online community dedicated to play by post (PBP) roleplaying.

We love all systems here: Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, GURPS, D20 Modern, World of Darkness, CyberPunk, Paranoia and any other system we can get our hands on!

Our community is an active and friendly one - we have a laid back attitude and our focus is fun for all our members.

So if you’re into roleplaying and want to hang out with some of the nicest people on the Internet, register and join the Salroth family!

:gameon:

Author Topic: Embracing the power of random  (Read 94 times)

Offline synik

• Cake or death
Embracing the power of random
« on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:41 PM »
Hi,

Many years back (*cough* 80s *cough*) I ran a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay games for some schoolmates. If I'm honest, I pretty much winged it most days, using a combination of the main rules and the rather good 'something random happens' table from RuneQuest's Griffin Island. For our group, it seemed that a few ideas from that were enough to riff something together, and keep us entertained over lunch. At least, such are my memories. :)

So, I was rather chuffed to see these gems pop up on my newsfeed:

https://randroll.com/archive/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-generators-guide/

http://chaoticshiny.com/modernchargen.php

Both collections of dice driven events. Maybe you'll find them useful to spark some ideas or save time when it comes to creating NPCs.

:gameon:

Offline jdrew25

Re: Embracing the power of random
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:00:53 AM »
Is there a d20 version of Warhammer Fantasy? I've seen people play the board game before, but I've never had a chance to get into it as much as I'd like.

Navigation

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1285
  • Total Topics: 191
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 158
  • (November 16, 2018, 09:43:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7